- First and foremost, I am employed. I have friends who are not as lucky, and it highlights how layoffs and cutbacks are not so unimaginable. I am blessed to have a job and like what I do.
- Big city that it is, I constantly see others guiding the blind toward an entrance, helping the elderly cross the street and paying for the bus fares of others here in Chicago. The kindness of strangers puts a smile on my face.
- Two of my very best friends got engaged this year, and their happiness means the world to me.
- I joined a supper club that is forcing me outside of my frozen pizza bubble -- as in, I have to cook. Hey, if you don't try, you never know, right? Thank God my critics are also good friends... here's to them taking it easy on me.
- I have seven great siblings who know they can come to me for anything. Though they like to worry me with their concocted stories ("I got a drinking ticket! Don't tell mom!"), I know that despite their teenage transgressions, they are all right.
To show our thanks, we will be sending #thankafarmer tweets tomorrow to show all the hardworking farmers how much we appreciate, well, their hard work. In the spirit of Thanksgiving, please take part in this between 10 a.m. and noon. Show 'em some appreciation, people... we all need it once in a while.