4.28.2009

SunChips' Simple, Sexy Solar Signage

I have to admit I have not always been the most environmentally conscious person, but the influx of companies stepping up to the plate to take care of our earth are inspiring me to change. Last night I caught a Ziploc commercial that touted their Evolve sandwich bags, which are made with sun power (and 25% less plastic). Then, I stumbled across this SunChips billboard, which I love:


At first glance it might not look like much, but if you look a little closer you will see this signage is created compliments of shadows -- the letters extend from the top of the billboard. Pretty genius; it's simple but ever-so creative... and all the more fitting, considering SunChips are made with the help of solar energy.

These companies are doing what they can to help the planet, and also putting some much-needed pressure on others to follow their lead. The fact they are taking the initiative to create change really does influence my perception of the company -- and makes me more inclined to buy their products. Sounds like a win-win for all, eh?

Photo courtesy of Scary Ideas: http://www.scaryideas.com/content/10675/

2 comments:

  1. I love Sunchips...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this idea! more people should be thinking along these lines.

    ReplyDelete